The G House in Brussels, Belgium, is an amazing architectural feat in respect and modernization of an old house in the historic center. With three floors, it was originally built in 1907 by architects and J. François Kielbaey L’Anvre.
The renewal was the responsibility of the architectural and interior design Dwek Olivier, who without altering the basis of this majestic location, managed to change and freshen her face almost completely. The family home remained the elements that make it a majestic, classical: moldings, cornices, fireplaces and intricate contours of its windows. As with many works of Olivier Dwer in this language that speaks of the past and present, local traditions, art, modernity and minimalism is also conjugates.
White, perfectly mixed with gray tones, makes the walls are another decorative element that does not obscure the exquisite furnishings. Nor the works of art that are part of the owner’s private collection. The staircase in forged metal, was preserved and a strong black, contrasts as a sculpture inside the house, marking an architectural episode and serving as an emblem of tradition that prevails in this building from the early twentieth century.